1101 K Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
TRAIN Inventory Profile
- Research Portfolio
- Key Accomplishments
- Ask Us About
- EXPAND ALL
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is a relentless force committed to ending Alzheimer’s by 2020. Driven by the suffering of millions of families, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s presses for greater urgency from government, industry and the scientific community in the quest for an Alzheimer’s cure. To achieve this audacious but attainable goal, we must: increase public and private-sector resources committed to stopping Alzheimer’s disease; accelerate the drug development process to deliver therapies to all those in need; and bring dramatic improvements to the standards and systems of care for people living with Alzheimer’s and those who care for them.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s has brought an entrepreneurial spirit to our mission and worked collaboratively across sectors. We convene a number of coalitions that bring together the power and resources of multiple voices (see Research Portfolio and Partnership Practices). In addition we mobilize the most deeply affected communities through six networks dedicated to stopping the disease and caring for those touched by it: WomenAgainstAlzheimer’s, African AmericansAgainstAlzheimer’s, LatinosAgainstAlzheimer’s, ActivistsAgainstAlzheimer’s (which supports a caregiver Facebook community), ClergyAgainstAlzheimer’s and ResearchersAgainstAlzheimer’s.
GALAXY is a virtual research-ready hub of citizen-scientists, families, patients and caregivers applying their collective voice to accelerate Alzheimer’s therapies and prevention. GALAXY will be a focal point to gain patient input in the design of clinical protocols, to employ structured surveys of patient and caregiver preferences and to promote inclusion of these preferences in clinical trials.
GALAXY was catalyzed by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute’s Alzheimer’s & Dementia Patient & Caregiver-Powered Research Network (AD-PCPRN)—a partnership of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, Mayo Clinic, University of Florida and the Brain Health Registry at UCSF. The AD-PCPRN is a collaboration to accelerate development of effective treatments that is guided by advisory councils whose members are distinguished leaders in the AD patient/caregiver community, communications and outreach, diversity and registries/clinical trials.
The Global Alzheimer’s Platform (GAP) is establishing a standing global, trial-ready platform to drive quality, efficiency and innovation in Alzheimer’s clinical trials, seeking to reduce clinical testing cycles by two years or more and to achieve more uniformity in trial populations by building large, well-characterized clinical trial sites and an adaptive proof-of-concept trial mechanism.
Fiscal Year 2014, ending December 31, 2014
- Revenue: $2,455,197
- Assets: $535,095
- Grants: $155,000
- Gifts Received: $2,300,197
- Total Expenditures: $3,034,408
Since our founding in 2010, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s has worked collaboratively across sectors to:
- Secure the national goal of preventing and effectively treating Alzheimer’s by 2020, through the National Alzheimer’s Plan
- Drive global efforts that resulted in the leaders of the world’s most powerful nations, the G7 group, embracing a similar 2025 goal and calling for greater levels of research investment and collaboration
- Help drive U.S. investment in dementia research at the National Insitutes of Health from $448 million in 2010 to $936 million for FY 2016—and to prompt the U.K., Canada and Japan to commit greater research investment
- Create a nationwide, grassroots coalition of 80 organizations/corporations and more than 170,000 individuals
- Raise public awareness through major news media: “Today” show, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Roll Call, Reuters and more
- Forge collaborations to improve efficiencies for expedited Alzheimer’s drug discovery and faster approval processes
- Drive U.S. and global action against Alzheimer’s/dementia through the appointment of our Founder/Chairman George Vradenburg to the U.S. Advisory Council on Alzheimer’s and to the World Dementia Council
- Launch the Global Alzheimer’s Platform to build the first-ever global, trial-ready platform for Alzheimer’s drug development, to reduce the time, cost and risk of getting innovative medicines to those with or at risk of dementia
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s and the UsAgainstAlzheimer’s Network are each governed by a board of directors comprised of individuals with expertise from philanthropy, technology, business leadership, Alzheimer’s advocacy and caregiving.
- Co-Founder/Chairman, George Vradenburg
- Co-Founder, Vice Chair, Trish Vradenburg
- Chief Operating Officer, Sally Sachar, email@example.com
- Senior Advisor/Communications, Robin Strongin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Development Officer, Kathleen Grealish, email@example.com
Ask Us About
- Clinical trial design and recruitment
- Facilitating patient engagement in the R&D process
- Maintaining a patient registry or biobank